Welcome to my Page!
Welcome to your webpage! Please use the Edit and Remove icons to update your page. All of the following items are changeable: Header, Message, Avatar, Agendas, Favorite Links, and much more!
This is a Positive Thinking Area
School Cancellations via Text or Email
Don't forget to sign up for school cancellations through text or email. Log on to the Seymour Community Schools webpage, click on 'Personalize your Calendar' in the top right hand corner, make an account with DynaCal and you will be able to sign up for weather and event cancellations as they happen. This is a wonderful, free service provided for you through the school system. Enjoy!
2017-2018 Tentative Color Schedule
Functional Academic Centers
What is in our Life Skills Community? What are things that we might work on?
Post Office (Address, Letter Writing, Envelopes, Phone Book Skills)
Grocery (Food Pyramid, Ad Pricing, Grocery List, Shopping, Nutrition Facts, Reading Labels)
Living Area (Cleaning Bathroom, Living Room, Kitchen, Bedroom, Paying Bills, Home Repairs)
Gym (Jumping, Balance, Lifting, etc.)
Salon/Spa (Face, Teeth, Skin, Hands, Nails, Hair, Personal Hygiene Products, Clothing)
Laundry (Stains, Sorting, Washing, Drying, Folding, Hanging, Reading Labels)
Computer (Keyboard, Internet, Safety, Email, Power Point, Google, etc.)
Restaurant (Menu Words, Prices, Recipes, Manners, Utensils, Measuring, Cooking Activity)
Library (Personal Information, Checking out books, Author, Illustrator, Dictionary, Calendar, Weather, Handwriting)
Fine Motor (Work skills, Crafts, etc.)
What is "The SMS Java Hut & Soda Fountain"
This is a student run business. Students serve coffee, soda and special treats from the classroom kitchen to SMS staff members. They are open from 8:30 am to 2:00 pm. Staff can come in, call, email or fill out a google document: delivery is free. Money that is made goes back into the life skills curriculum.
2017 - 2018 Supply List
· 1 box of Kleenex
· 5 boxes of pencils (Suggested: USA Gold, Jot, Up & Up. Please do not send the pretty, designer wrapped pencils or the cheap Dixon brand. They do not sharpen well. Thank you for your help and understanding J)
· 1 large eraser AND 1 pack of pencil erasers
· Hand held pencil sharpener
· Colored pencils
· Toothbrush & toothpaste
· Comb and/or Brush
· 10 rubber bracelets (any design they want)
· 1 = 2 or 3 inch HARD backed 3 ring binder
· 1 = 1 inch HARD backed 3 ring binder
· Folders with the pockets and 3 center prongs
· 1 pack of loose leaf paper
· 3 subject spiral notebook
· 1 coloring book
· 1 glue stick or 1 bottle of glue
· 100 clear page protectors
· Quart or gallon sized zip-lock bags
· Dry erase markers
· A dry erase eraser or a pair of socks to use as a dry eraser
· 2 pairs of ear buds or head phones for Chromebook
· Snacks to share with class (please send monthly, if possible)
· Required Restroom Needs (Girls who have a monthly cycle - a pack of kotex: Changes please provide diapers, pull-ups, wipes, change of clothing, etc.)
· A long sleeve to keep at school for when the classroom is cold
Many of these items can be found at the Dollar Tree J If it helps, buy a little at a time this summer. We greatly appreciate your help!!
Quotes to Inspire...
Every student can learn, just not on the same day, or the same way.-- George Evans
That is what learning is. You suddenly understand something you've understood all your life, but in a new way.-- Doris Lessing
Children need models rather than critics.-- Joseph Joubert
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it. Autograph your work with excellence.-- Unknown
Take a deep breath, count to ten, and tackle each task one step at a time.-- Linda Shalaway